Mighty Gamer here! In my last post, I told you I would make another post, this being a collection of theories for the Big (no- REALLY BIG) semi-update.
I will be giving my thoughts and opinions on all of the information the creators have given us about this semi-update thus far. [Which isn’t a lot, by the way.] Each point is below, and below that are where my “theories” of sorts are, basically.
Onto the first point…
1. – New look! The new Poptropica will still be Poptropica, but it’ll be improved. Newer! Shinier! More features, more options, more FUN — on a new app and a new website!
A new app and website… well, that could be either figuratively or literally speaking. But by the way the creators worded it, I’d say they were figuratively speaking. Poptropica could be undergoing so many changes, it could seem like a new game, but it’s most likely not. It could also be literal, but I don’t think so, because of the next point. We’ll still be Poptropicans- just with a newer, cooler look. Why make a new website when we’re still Poptropicans? It wouldn’t make sense.
EDIT: It was confirmed that Poptropica will remain to be Poptropica. Instead, the game will have a new game engine. Thanks for the tip, Shaky Skunk. 🙂
2. – New avatar! We’re exploring new designs, new movements, and new looks for the Poptropican avatar. Don’t worry, the essential elements that make a Poptropican a Poptropican will still be there! But we’ll change things up a bit — in a really good way.
I’m thinking that Poptropicans will still look like Poptropicans, like said above. But in a more realistic, cool way, like the characters from Mystery of the Map. I’ll miss our current look if this is the case, but it’d also look really awesome. Basically, we’d have necks.
What if we had necks instead of floating heads?
Anyways… as far as “new movements” go, I think we’ll have the ability to sit, lay down, etc. Not just for when it’s called for on an island, but as a selective action. Perhaps it’ll be an addition to Realms, too? We’ll have to wait and see.
3. – New stories! We’ll be bringing you new stories for your Poptropican to experience! And we’re exploring the idea of a unified story that connects all of Poptropica in a way that we’ve never done before. I know that sounds pretty mysterious, but that’s all I can say for now…
This could mean two things. Maybe the creators are connecting all of the islands together and remaking them into SUI. Or maybe they are just adding a few islands at once to further explain the true story of how Poptropica came to be. This to many Poptropicans, including me, is very interesting. Monkey Wrench Island only holds some information (About the blimp.) but not other things, so this I look forward to especially.
4. – New stuff! Like SHOES! And pets! And so much more!
I don’t have many opinions for this point, to be honest with you guys. Much isn’t said here. I can only put two and two together and further say our character’s will look more realistic, because of the fact we will have shoes and pets.
5. – New social experience! We’re developing a way for Poptropicans to have a fun and safe social experience within Poptropica. It’s going to be awesome.
Now this is where it gets interesting. Poptropica’s social experience. For a while now, us Poptropicans have only been able to talk to others through a scripted chat. But what if the creators are planning to change all of that? I’m thinking that maybe we will be able to type to others soon, filtered of course, but have the ability to type nonetheless.
Anyways, that’s all for this post! What do you think of it? Do you agree? Disagree? Let me know your opinion in the comments below.